1. 12 points of comparison between a latent and a suspectfingerprint establish a match with 95% confidence.Ture or False2. Which of the following part of a firearm is not typically finished byhand.A. Barrel B. Firing Pin C. extractor D. ejector3. What does the PCR process entail?A. Creates new DNA B. Destroys DNA C. Changes DNA D. Copiesexisting DNA E. Both a and b4. Modern DNA testing techniques can tell whether the sampletested came from a child or an adultTure or False5. 10% of the Caucasian population have the 13, 14 STR pattern insystem X and 50% have the 9, 10 pattern in system Y. Thepercentages are calculated by using 2PQ, where P and Q are theallele frequencies.A. 5% of Caucasians have the 13, 14 and 9, 10 patternsB. 1 in 20 of Caucasians have the 13, 14, and 9, 10 patternsC. Other ethnic populations may also have the 13, 14 and 9, 10pattern at different frequencies.D. All of the above are true.6. In the D3S1358 loci of CODIS a convicted murderer is found tohave a pattern of 13, 13.2 For this loci these results mean:A The locus is either on chromosome 3B The length of each tandem repeat is 13 or 58C There was contamination since the 32% of Caucasians have the15 repeat alleleD The individual is homozygous at this locusE None of the above are true.7. A woman who is is a member of an remote indigenouscommunity (2000 members worldwide) is murdered. One of thesuspects is also a member of the community. His DNA profilematches the vaginal swab taken from the victim, although thereare no outward evidence of sexual assault. Which of the followingis true relative to prosecuting this case.A. The presense of semen confirms that the women was sexuallyassaultedB. There may be insufficient population data to know the profilefrequency in the indigenous communityC. Population statistics for the profile are not relevant since CODIShas been widely adopted in North AmericaD. Modern DNA tests allow definitive confirmation of the ethnicbackground of those being tested.8. Which of the following is the most individualizing piece ofevidenceA. Mitochondrial DNA B. Red Cell serological markersC.Genomic DNA D. Y-chromosome DNA
1. (12 points) Corduroy and Tootie each run their own hedge fund, although it isthought that they share investment strategies because they are such close friends.It is found that they both make money 70 percent of the time and they both losemoney 30 percent of the time, but Corduroy never makes money when Tootieloses money and Tootie never makes money when Corduroy loses money. Letrepresent when Corduroy makes money andwhen he loses money. X 0 X 1 Similarly, letmoney. Y 1 represent when Tootie makes money and Y 0 when he loses a. (2 points) Calculate the marginal probability distributions for X and Y. b. (2 points) Calculate the expected values of X and Y. c. (2 points) Calculate the variances of X and Y. d. (2 points) Calculate the covariance of X and Y. e. (2 points) Calculate the correlation for X and Y. f. (2 points) Based on your answer to part (h), do you believe that Corduroy andTootie share investment strategies? 2. (10 points) The random variable X follows a normal distribution with ? = 0.2 and?2 = 0.0025.a. (2 points) Calculate b. (2 points) Calculate Pr X 0.4 . Pr 0.15 X 0.28 . c. (2 points) Calculate Pr X 0.1 . d. (2 points) Calculate the value of x such that e. (2 points) Calculate the values ofsuch that Pr x0 X x1 0.34 . x0 and x1 Pr X x 0.025 . that are equidistant from the mean 3. (4 points) The amount of time that Professor Hapoleon spends with studentsduring office hours averages 10 minutes and follows an exponential distribution. a. (2 points) Calculate the probability that he spends more than 20 minutes with agiven student. b. (2 points) Calculate the probability that he spends between 10 and 15 minutes with agiven student.
1. 100 words maximumProvide background to the business, or part of a business, you are basing yourAssignment on (this is to familiarise your marker with your subject matter).Hints:? A tabulation showing sales, profits etc. for the business over time isusefullyemployed (Note: Company data can be included but you should primarilyprovide business data/background)? What is the role of the business within the company (or part of a business) youarebasing your Assignment on? How is performance evaluated?? What percentage of portfolio sales/performance does the business account for?? In 2. below you identify a customer target. How important is this customer targetto the business and what are current levels of performance? If you havecompetitorswhat is their position/performance?2. 100-200 words maximumSelect a customer target. Outline the customer â??job to be doneâ??, what they want, crystallise customer needs.Hints: a. Quantify, stress relative importance (weights) of customer needs in tabulations. If different customers have very varied needs it may be appropriate to focus in on one market segment with similar needs or even just on one customerc. Once you have considered and weighted customer needs consider how well you (and competitors if you have them) satisfy them. Consider Price vs.Needs – this starts to address elasticities and Value.d. You do not have to accept current customer needs; they change over time; your desired strategy may be to re-educate customers to a novel set of requirements you can uniquely satisfy. Note: customers may not be able to articulate their needs.e. You may wish to reflect on the Decision Making Unit, Decision MakingProcess, Influencers (Marketing course)3. 100 words maximumOutline your current and desired position/core value proposition in broad terms (apositioning statement outlines how you intend to meet the â??job to be doneâ??/customer needs). Your current and desired position may be the same. If the position is the same your Assignment is primarily concerned with how you can execute that positionmore effectively, efficiently and build for the future. Note: You cannot decide on your desired position until you have conducted your Audit in Section 5. Your desiredpositioning in this Section informs the marker of the outcome of your subsequent analysis.Hints:a. Ensure your desired positioning is consistent with your Audit analysis inSection 5.b. Normally a positioning statement outlines how you intend to satisfy customer requirements better than competitors. For an internal service how you coulddeliver better value more cost effectively, or, better than potential externalprovidersc. Business Strategy Workshop readings include: M.E. Porterâ??s article coversthe Generics and Need/Access/Variety; D/Aveniâ??s article covers the ValueMap; Kim and Mauborgneâ??s article covers Distinctive Tag Line and StrategyCanvas. These can be used to help illustrate your desired position (as wellas Workshop content: The Discipline of Market Leaders, Spider Graph, ZigZagPositioning, SNAP charts). Grantâ??s chapter 7 considers â??The Sourcesand Dimensions of Competitive Advantageâ??d. Your desired position should link closely to step 5 (your Audit) and step 7 (theManagement Agenda).4. 100 words maximum: Optional tabulations: Marketing Pâ??s and Key Success FactorsYou may wish to outline:a) Your existing and desired standing on the Marketing Pâ??s. Product/service, Price should have already been outlined in Section 3 â?? Positioning, your core value proposition. These can be recapped and Promotion, Place and other Pâ??s audited.b) How well your Key Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators are aligned with your current and desired Positioning, your core value proposition.a. Quantify the Pâ??s/KSFâ??s where possible â?? otherwise they may become too general.
1. (10%) Using the project cost structure calculations discussed in class, calculate the customerprice for a project requiring the following:Senior Engineer:$2000/week for 6 weeksJunior Engineer:$1500/week for 12 weeksConfiguration Mgmt:$900/week for 5 weeksTest and Integration:$700/week for 3 weeksOverhead:75%Other Direct Costs:$20,000G&A:25%Profit:7%Show your work for full credit! (Suggestion: Copy/paste cells as an Excel object intoWord.)2. (10%) Your team just completed the cost estimates for your project. If accepted, you wouldneed an initial investment of $200,000 in Research and Development. There will beconstruction costs in the first year of $350,000. Annual sales of $300,000 will begin in year2 and continue through year 5. Your annual operating costs will be $50,000 for each yearyou sell the product. If the discount rate is 12%, what is the NPV for this project? Shouldyou invest in this project based on the NPV?Show your work for full credit! (Suggestion: Copy/paste cells as an Excel object intoWord.)3. (10%) What is the IRR for the project in problem #6? If the Minimum Attractive Rate ofReturn (MARR) is 20%, would you recommend investing in this project? Discuss anyreasons that you might not invest in a project even if it exceeds the MARR.Show your work for full credit! (Suggestion: Copy/paste cells as an Excel object intoWord.)
.0001pt; text-indent: -0.25in;”> on the last day of class bring in one page that you create that represents your inspiration for becoming a nurse. It may be a picture, a collage, a series of quotes, and so forth. Choose words and images that are meaningful to you. This should be a picture that you can post somewhere, perhaps where you study, in order to motivate yourself as you move forward on your journey to become a nurse.
.0001pt;”>Analyze the three short cases at the end of Chapter 8 from the text book, Managing Business Ethics. Write a paper of no more than 700 words that answers the questions at the end of each case.Employment Basics, 2) Managing a Diverse Workforce, 3) Managing Up and Across. a paper of no more than 700 words that answers the questions at the end of eachEMPLOYMENT BASICSYouâ??ve recently been promoted to a supervisory position and are now responsible for coordinating the work of four other employees. Two of these workers are more than 20 years older than you are, and both have been with the company much longer than you have. Although youâ??ve tried to be supportive of them and have gone out of your way to praise their work, whenever there is some kind of disagreement, they go to your boss with the problem. Youâ??ve asked them repeatedly to come to you with whatever issues they have; they just ignore you and complain to other workers about reporting to someone your age. Design a strategy for dealing with these workers and your manager.MANAGING A DIVERSE WORKFORCEAfter two years of sales calls and persuasion, a large, multinational petroleum companyâ??Big Oil Ltd.â??decides to sign with your employer, Secure Bank. Since Big Oil is headquartered in Saudi Arabia and most of the meetings with the client have been in the Middle East, Secure Bankâ??s senior executive in charge of oil and oil products companies, Julie, has not attended. Although the Secure Bank employees who have met with the company have told the Big Oil executives that the lead on their account will be a woman, the news must not have registered, perhaps because of language difficulties. Today, the Big Oil reps are in Chicago to sign on the dotted line and meet with Secure Bankâ??s senior managers, and of course, theyâ??ve met with Julie.A member of your sales team calls you to say that Big Oilâ??s senior team member has told him he does not want Julie to work on their account, period. Because of cultural issues, Big Oil execs are uncomfortable dealing with women from any country. As Julieâ??s manager, what do you do? Can you think of ways to respect Julieâ??s expectations and those of the Big Oil executives?MANAGING UPAND ACROSSAs an operations professional, you need to be able to interact effectively with many internal customersâ??from corporate managers to field representatives. One of your peers is Jessica, who is a talented operations professional but who is downright rude to her internal customers. Her attitude is so bad that people around your company ask specifically to deal with you instead of Jessica. Youâ??ve heard many tales about her sarcasm and her unwillingness to deliver anything other than the absolute minimum to other employees. Youâ??ve thought about talking to Bruce, the manager to whom both you and Jessica report, but you and everyone else knows that theyâ??re dating. In the meantime, your workload is increasing because of Jessicaâ??s reputation. How do you handle Jessica and Bruce? Total 700 to 800 words University of phoenix CH. 8
1. At which level of the pyramid of corporate social responsibility is Zappos operating? Give anexample to support your answer.2. Zappos has a relationship with Goodie Two Shoes. Is this type of relationship known as causerelated marketing? Why or why not?3. Does Zappos use a Code of Ethics as a guide for its employees behavior?4. At which level of morality does Zappos appear to operate? (Preconventional, Post conventional,conventional, or unconventional).5. Would Zappos employees agree with this statement from the textbook? â??Businesses say they wantto be responsible citizens, but thatâ??s often not their only reason for taking action…Networkingopportunities is also are a popular reason. â? Yes or No, and please explain
1. at what point in glycolysis is the first non-phosphorylated metabolite produced? why does this makes sense physiologically or in other words what can this metabolite be used for?2. is the same net production of ATP observed in the complete oxidation of fructose as it is observed in the complete oxidation of glucose? why or why not?
1. At the end of the year, there is $6,800 worth of employee wages that have been earned by the employees, but not yet paid. Record the adjusting journal entry.A. DEBIT: Wages Payable for $6,800; CREDIT: Wage Expense for $6,800B. DEBIT: Cash for $6,800; CREDIT: Wage Expense for $6,800C. DEBIT: Wage Expense for $6,800; CREDIT: Cash for $6,800D. DEBIT: Wage Expense for $6,800; CREDIT: Wages Payable for $6,8002. A company collected a $500 receivable related to a previously recorded sale. Prepare the general journal entry.A. DEBIT: Cash for $500; CREDIT: Revenue for $500B. DEBIT: Revenue for $500; CREDIT: Cash for $500C. DEBIT: Cash for $500; CREDIT: Accounts Receivable for $500D. DEBIT: Accounts Receivable for $500; CREDIT: Cash for $500Provide work and explanation to why you chose the answer. I need experts in the field of accounting to help me with these two problems.
1) At the end of each chapter in the Rothaermel textbook, there is a section titled â??Ethical/Social Issues.â? You must review each chapterâ??s Ethical/Social Issues section to answer and apply your knowledge of strategy/policy and your Christian worldview.2) Search the Bible (either the Old or New Testament) for a Bible verse(s) that would guide you in answering the Ethical/Social Issues question you have chosen.3) In a minimum of 800 words, discuss this Bible verse and your Christian worldview as they relate to your chosen Ethical/Social Issues questions. A suggested format for this assignment is as follows:a. First section:Discuss the answers to your Ethical/Social Issues question (from a strategy/policy perspective).b. Second section: State your Bible verse and then discuss the verse(s). To properly address this section, it will require biblical research to put your verse(s) into context for the next section.c. Third paragraph: Discuss/analyze the importance of the Bible verse in addressing your chosen question from a Christian worldview perspective.